As of August 2013…
- I live in San Francisco bay area, but travel often and write a travelogue when I'm On the Road.
- Zero-Width Non-Joiner (فاصلهی مجازی) and Harf (حرف) are my blogs on the Internet, Open Source Software, Persian language and Persian computing.
- Photography is one of my hobbies: my light-field (Lytro) photos.
Projects I coordinate or co-maintain:
- Persian-Computing, Persian language in the computing world.
- L10n:Teams:fa, the Persian localization team of Mozilla.
- Jalali GCal, Persian calendar on Google Calendar's web interface.
- Python LFP Reader, a library for Lytro live picture files with a 3D viewer.
- Rira, the Persian digital library.
Other projects I have contributed to:
- The Freedesktop.org Projects (more).
- The Mozilla Project (more).
- The GNOME Project (more).
- Ubuntu Project (more).
- The Arabic Script IDN Working Group (ASIWG).
- Internationalized Domain Names in Applications (Revised) (IDNAbis).
- Persian Information Interchange and Display Mechanism, using Unicode, ISIRI 6219, Institute of Standards and Industrial Research of Iran. [orig]
- Layout of Persian Letters and Symbols on Computer Keyboards, ISIRI 9147, Institute of Standards and Industrial Research of Iran. [orig].
- Internationalized Domain Names, Persian, IRNIC, the ccTLD Registry or Iran.
I support and am a member of following organizations, mostly active in open standards, free/open source software, and Internet governance:
- The Unicode Consortium.
- Internet Society (ISOC) and its New York Chapter (ISOC-NY).
- Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF).
- ICANN At-Large and Non-Commercial Users Stakeholder Group (NCSG).
- New York Technology Council (NYTECH).
- Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP).
- Software in the Public Interest (SPI).
- Email me to some name at behnam dot es.
- My PGP key fingerprint is “3E7F B4B6 6F4C A8AB 9BB9 7520 5701 CA40 259E 0F8B” (public key).
- I am occasionally online on IRC as behnam on irc.freenode.net, irc.gnome.org, and irc.mozilla.org.