As a scriptologist, I study writing systems, scripts, alphabets, and languages, and document their history in various forms, such as manuscripts, printing and the digital realm. Parts of this research is transformed into technical specifications—at Unicode and W3C consortiums—and some other parts become software implementations.
- "Text Layout Requirements for the Arabic Script", Arabic Layout Task Force, W3C i18n Working Group, 2015-Present. [TF] [WG]
- "Proposal to Encode Arabic Hamza Above Isolated Form", May 10, 2017.
- "Layout of Persian Letters and Symbols on Computer Keyboards" (ISIRI 9147), Institute of Standards and Industrial Research of Iran, 2007. [1st Edition]
- "Persian Information Interchange and Display Mechanism, using Unicode" (ISIRI 6219), Institute of Standards and Industrial Research of Iran, 2002. [Final Draft] [1st Edition]
- "UDHR in Unicode", demonstrates the use of Unicode for a wide variety of languages, using the Universal Declaration of Human Rights (UDHR) as a representative text. [GitHub]
- "UDHR in Languages of Iran", Persian Computing Community. 2017-Present.
Talks & Presentations
- "Comparative Analysis of W3C Text Layout Requirements", Internationalization & Unicode Conference 41, Santa Clara, CA, October 2017.
- "W3C Internationalization Activity — Arabic Script Layout Task Force", Internationalization & Unicode Conference 40, Santa Clara, CA, October 2016.
- "W3C Internationalization Activity — Arabic Script Layout Task Force", Internationalization & Unicode Conference 39, Santa Clara, CA, October 2015.
- "Arabic Script SHOULD NOT be so Scary!", Internationalization & Unicode Conference 37, Santa Clara, CA, October 2013.
- "An Abstract Model for the Typography of Perso-Arabic Script" Internationalization & Unicode Conference 35, Santa Clara, CA, October 2011.