As a software engineer, I have a passion for Open Source software, which not only enables majority of the information superhighway, but also allows less-developed and suppressed cultures to survive and thrive.
Current & Recent Projects
Unicode & Internationalization
- "UNIC": Unicode and Internationalization Crates for Rust, 2017-Present.
- "servo/unicode-bidi", Implementation of the Unicode Bidirection Algorithm in Rust, 2017-Present.
- "region-flags", Collection of flags for BCP 47 region codes in SVG / PNG, 2015-Present. [npm]
Talks & Presentations
- "Introduction to Unicode & i18n in Rust", Internationalization & Unicode Conference 42, Santa Clara, CA, September 2018.
- "Unicode and Rust", Lightning Talk, Internationalization & Unicode Conference 41, Santa Clara, CA, October 2017.
Light Field Photography
- "python-lfp-reader", Python library and command-line scripts to read Lytro LFP files, 2012.
- "Lytro Library Merger", Merges all photos of a Lytro library to user's main Lytro library, 2012.
- "GNU FriBidi", an implementation of the Unicode Bidirectional Algorithm (bidi).
- "pecl-fribidi", PHP/PECL binding for GNU FriBidi, 2013. [[php.net]]
- "python-fribidi", Python binding for GNU FriBidi, 2009.
- "Iranian Standard Persian Keyboard (ISIRI 9147) for MS Windows", 2011.
- "Enhanced Microsoft Persian Keyboard for MS Windows", 2011.
- "Jalali-GCal", Jalali/Persian Calendar extension (userscript) for Google Calendar web interface, 2008-2013.
- "FarsiWeb Fonts", A Persian Font Collection, 2003-2006.
- "Sharif FarsiWeb, Inc." (archived pages), 2003-2006.
- "The FarsiWeb Project" (archived pages), 2002-2005.
- "The FarsiTex Project", Persian/English bidirectional typesetting system based on Donald Knuth's TeX Program.
See also Persian Computing Community.
GNOME Desktop Environment
- "Gucharmap", the GNOME Character Map, based on the Unicode Character Database, 2004-2008.
- "BidiAssist", or Bidirectional Assistant, a plugin for Gedit that helps users to manage their bidirectional (plain) texts easier. [github]